Monday, October 31, 2011

My 1st Blood Donation in Canada, October 31, Monday

On October 31, Monday, Halloween, at 6 PM, I presented myself at the offices of the Canadian Blood Services on William Avenue hoping to make my 1st blood donation in Canada. RWB Stan Barclay, Vice Chairman of the Partners for Life Program of Grand Lodge, was there to see me make my donation. He took the pictures posted here. He was hoping to take a picture of me on the floor if I fainted but was disappointed that he did not have the opportunity to do so. Well, I did not faint!
See for yourself in the following pictures.


After going through the required screenings (iron content, medical history and interview), I was brought to the donation area.
In this picture, they are preparing me for my donation.















All prepped and waiting for the needle ...
















Here's the needle!

It did not hurt. The nurse/tech was very gentle.







Getting the first samples for further screening of my blood to see if it could be used.















Filling up the containers for the samples.



That's my blood in that bag! Hopefully, it is good enough to be used. There are a lot of people needing blood.

What a wonderful experience! I hope that it will be the first of many donations I will make every 56 days.

It is great to be a Partner for Life.

For information about the Canadian Blood Services and how to donate, please call 1-800-2-DONATE or visit their website at http://www.bloodservices.ca/

Donate blood. It's in you to give.



No comments:

Post a Comment